All our teaching staff are highly qualified and experienced teachers who have an extensive knowledge of the 11 Plus examination requirements into both state grammar and independent schools.
We welcome all applications from exceptional teachers who may wish to supplement their current income. We offer a very generous remuneration that rewards the responsibility and dedication we expect from our teaching staff.
Mock Exam Course: Support Teacher
The teacher will be responsible to the principal/director for the effective delivery of the teaching programme(s) to the required standard and in a professional manner. The main duties will include:
a) Delivery of the Mock Exam Course program:
- Provide support in the teaching of Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning and Aptitude Testing as required/directed.
- Provide support in the provision of effective exam paper practice including timing, technique and exam skills.
- Help ensure that each pupil is provided with the appropriate stationary, resources/ equipment, scrap paper, computer forms and relevant exam papers as required.
- Carry out any pupil assessments as required.
- Assist and encourage individual children in understanding routine explanations as well as provide help in understanding more specialised teaching points.
- Provide support and encouragement to children who may have specific learning difficulties. Monitor progress as needed.
- Help check that each child has completed all tasks and that work has been marked and corrections completed.
- Help ensure that each child has accurately completed their Progress Report each session as needed, including their marks for each subject and details of any areas where they lost marks.
- Maintain all teaching materials/books in an organised and responsible manner.
- Report any books/equipment needing to be replaced/updated
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings/training.
- Liaise with your Lead Teacher, other teaching staff and admin staff as needed.
- Assist in keeping a register of attendance for every session and report any absences to the principal/director.
- Be prepared to cover for any absent teacher (as directed) during your usual teaching hours. Any supply cover completed in addition to your normal teaching hours will be voluntary and remunerated in full.
- Fulfil any other reasonable requests as required.
- Click here to download an application form in Word format.