Choosing a Tutor
Factors to consider when choosing a tutor/centre:
- Do your research.
- Make sure the tutor(s) are qualified, CRB checked, and have substantial proven experience.
- Always check the size of ‘teaching’ classes. Some organizations have very large teaching class sizes which can be anything from 16 up to 24(+). At Mrs Jones Education, we believe teaching class sizes should be no more than 8 – 10 per group, allowing the teacher to work on an individual basis with each child. Our timed mock exam practice classes are in a larger group to allow pupils to learn how to work and focus in an exam ‘atmosphere’ .
- Make sure the tuition includes maths, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
- Check that the tutor is knowledgeable about the entry requirements.
- You may also decide to enter your child for a scholarship or bursary where all subjects (and possibly science) are needed.
- Additionally, your child is likely to need interview practice and advice on interview technique. Ensure that the tutor you choose is able to give appropriate guidance and advice in these areas.
- Check that the fees are inclusive