Benefits of Mrs Jones Education - 11+ Tuition
Mrs Jones Education offers these benefits to your child:
- A well-established and competitive service preparing children for entry into State Grammar and Independent Schools throughout London. Your child will benefit from our excellent knowledge and extensive experience of the entry examination system.
- We have a unique insight into what motivates children to enjoy learning – we are particularly skilled with the less confident child as well as being able to challenge children who are gifted and talented. Our teaching system offers a unique and special approach to lessons and the children thoroughly enjoy coming each week.
- Mrs Jones Education has an excellent reputation with over 92% success rate for those children who start in Year 4 and more than 83% success rate overall.
- Our teaching class sizes consist of a small group of 8 to 10 children allowing your child to benefit from individual tuition within the group. Exam technique and timing sessions are in a larger group to enable us to create an exam ‘atmosphere’.
- We have found that most children prefer working within a group. Working within a small group enables children to increase their focus and confidence and allows them to enjoy learning. They are able to benefit from times of concentrated and sustained silent work, as well as being able to interact with their peers.
- We teach all four subjects - Mathematics, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning ensuring that pupils are fully prepared for their 11+ Entrance Examinations into any State Grammar and/or Private Schools.
- We have a special approach to teaching vocabulary and spelling, enabling your child to attain a high level of vocabulary knowledge. This is very important for success in both English and verbal reasoning.
- We continually assess and monitor your child’s progress throughout the year. This enables us to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses so that we can focus on the areas where your child needs more help and input. Parent’s evenings are held in May to provide feedback and to discuss your child’s progress.
- The 11+ application process can vary between schools and can be quite daunting for parents who are new to the process. As we get to know your child, we can advise on suitable schools and guide you through the application procedure.